Aljaz Skorjanec breaks silence on wife Janette Manrara quitting Strictly Come Dancing
Janette Manrara announced as the new It Takes Two host
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Strictly professional Aljaz Skorjanec, 31, had nothing but praise for his wife Janette Manrara, 37, after she announced she would be quitting the BBC show to become the new host of spin-off programme, It Takes Two. In an emotional address to his fellow dancer, Aljaz shared his excitement to sit opposite the love of his life next series.
Beyond Happy for you!!! Can’t wait to sit on that sofa…
Taking to Instagram on Thursday night, he penned: “My @jmanrara is the new host of #strictlyittakestwo with @rylan.
“Beyond Happy for you!!! Can’t wait to sit on that sofa… @bbcstrictly.”
He ended his tribute with an inspirational quote: “Ps. ‘All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them’ – Walt Disney.”
The dancer accompanied his loving words with a stunning photo of Janette, while fans rushed to the comments section to share their thoughts.
Last year’s contestant Clara Amfo wrote: “So effing fab!! @jmanrara.”
Host Tess Daly sent a series of clapping emojis.
While 2020’s Karim Zeroual commented: “So happy and proud! She’s gunna SMASH it!”
Janette’s former dance parter Will Bayley, also shared his praise for her latest move: “Brilliant stuff,” he wrote with a red heart emoji.
Current host of It Takes Two Zoe Ball, posted her delight on Twitter that Janette would be taking over from her after a decade at the helm.
In view of her 376,000 followers, she penned: “SQUEALS of delight at the news the singular sensation, Latin sensation @JManrara will join @Rylan as host on ITT Gonna smash it, gorgeous lady love. Love you.”
It comes after Janette appeared on The One Show and spoke about how she felt about leaving the cast that she has been apart of since 2013.
On replacing Zoe, she said: “One of my favourites parts of doing Strictly was always to sit down on that couch and just chat away.
“That was fun and I remember meeting Zoe and thinking, ‘This is the coolest job ever. You get to sit down and talk about dancing and make people feel good’.
“I did say, ‘One day I would love to do that’, and here we are,” she added, telling viewers she would be sharing duties with Rylan Clark-Neal.
Going on to discuss her exit from the dance floor, she explained with an emotional tone in her voice: “I will not be dancing.
“I don’t want to well up because I’ve been welling up a lot today but that has been the hardest part of accepting this amazing honour.”
“I will not be on that legendary Strictly dance floor anymore but I feel this is the most beautiful and natural progression,” she continued.
“I’m still a part of the Strictly family and I’m still going to be seeing my fellow professionals all the time.
“I will keep dancing, as they say. I will find a way to keep dancing,” she concluded in much higher spirits.
In a statement released by the BBC on Thursday evening, the professional dancer spoke a little more about replacing Zoe.
Janette said: “It’s a dream come true to become part of the It Takes Two team!
“Although it’s impossible to fill in the shoes of a legend like Zoe Ball, I hope to make her and all of the Strictly fans proud.”
She added: “I will miss dancing on that iconic dance floor weekly, but forever grateful to continue being a part of the Strictly Come Dancing family!”
Source: Read Full Article