James Jordan calls for Anton Du Beke to be ‘permanent’ Strictly judge as he talks snub

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Former Strictly Come Dancing star James Jordan, 42, took to Twitter and expressed his thoughts on Anton Du Beke, 54, being announced as Motsi Mabuse’s temporary replacement on the BBC show. The Dancing On Ice champion caused a major stir as he called for the dancing veteran to be made a “permanent” judge on the show.

Taking to the micro-blogging site, James joked he had been expecting a call from Strictly bosses to join the judging panel.

But added that his outspoken nature was “too honest” for the programme.

In view of his 271,000 followers, James took the opportunity to respond to a social media user who quizzed him on the latest lineup change.

The person in question wrote: “@The_JamesJordan what do you think about @TheAntonDuBeke standing in for Motsi this week? Did @bbcstrictly think you’d be too tough on the celebs?”

James explained he believed that Anton would be a great addition to the panel and it was “well-deserved”.

He wrote: “NO-ONE deserves it more than Anton.

“He will be an amazing addition to the panel, I just hope they can find a way to make him a permanent judge.”

James added: “I was however waiting by the phone but no call. Think I’m too honest.”

Fans inundated the professional dancer on his comments, as many admitted James would too be a good judge on the show.

“Yes, you would have been great! But I too am thrilled about Anton. I could not believe he wasn’t given the job before,” one person commented.

Another person said: “Actually think you’d be really good at it. Honest and fair and you have the experience of performing on the show so no what can go wrong sometimes. So you would totally understand.”

“Great news for Anton but if you were a judge James, we know you would tell the truth and be strict but fair,” a third person added.

DON’T MISS…

Peter Andre’s wife on ‘massive’ news about Kate Garraway’s husband[LATEST]
Bill Bailey: Strictly star bids ‘farewell’ after tragic family loss[TWITTER]
A Place In The Sun presenter Jonnie Irwin suffers painful injury[INTERVIEW]

James first made his debut on Strictly in 2004 but announced his departure eight years later.

His wife Ola was also a professional dancer on the BBC show before she left the show in 2015.

James’ comments come after Motsi revealed she will be missing the next couple of live shows on Strictly.

She will not be in the studio for at least 14-days until her quarantine period – put in place amid the coronavirus pandemic – is over.

Anton has since stepped in to temporarily replace Motsi over the next couple of weekends.

Speaking about what he’ll bring to the judging panel, the dancer said: “I can’t tell you how excited I am. I am so thrilled for so many reasons I just love love love the show as everyone knows.

“To be asked to fill in for Motsi for the next couple of weeks is an absolute honour.”

Strictly Comes Dancing airs Saturday on BBC One at 7.10pm.

 

Source: Read Full Article