Katie Price ‘fears for mental health over court appearance’ after alleged attack

Katie Price is ‘not sure she’s mentally strong enough’ for potential court appearance over alleged attack, it has been claimed.

The 43-year-old was rushed to hospital on Monday after she was allegedly assaulted in the early hours of the morning.

Police were called to the Essex home where she had been staying at 1.30am, and had called for paramedics before a man was arrested on suspicion of assault.

He was later released on bail until next month.

According to reports, the mum-of-five has shared her fears for her mental health if she has to speak out in court over the alleged incident.

‘This is a nightmare situation for Katie,’ a friend told the Sun.

‘She absolutely stands by her account of events of that night given to police, but upon reflection isn’t sure she’s mentally strong enough to go through yet another court appearance.

‘She doesn’t want to be dragged through the mill, and her private life scrutinised by all and sundry. Katie doesn’t see any other way out.’

A police spokesperson told the publication: ‘We have a duty of care to gather all evidence relating to this case and our inquiries continue.’

The former glamour model was allegedly attacked in the early hours of Monday morning.

She was rushed to hospital shortly after, and reportedly suffered a split eye and a suspected fractured jaw.

An insider told the Sun that the engagement ring given to her by fiancé Carl Woods, thought to be worth £50,000, was taken in the attack

A spokesperson for Essex Police told Metro.co.uk at the time: ‘We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault in Little Canfield, shortly after 1.30am this morning, Monday 23 August.

‘We arrived and found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.’

They said that an unnamed man ‘was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault’.

Katie broke her silence hours later, telling the publication of her injuries: ‘I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital.

‘I’m still all dazed. I’m devastated. I’ve told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened. I ran away after being punched.

‘The fight was unprovoked — I was just sitting there watching telly when the assault happened.’

Metro.co.uk has contacted Katie’s reps for a comment.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article