Kevin Spacey is charged over four sex attacks after star ‘assaulted three men’
Kevin Spacey: CPS confirms authorisation of criminal charges
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with four sex assaults against three men. It comes after the Met Police launched a probe over the House of Cards actor, 62, four years ago, concerning allegations which dated back to 1996.
The award-winning actor was charged with four counts of sexual assault as well as another sex office and is due to appear in court.
All incidents were reportedly carried out between 2005 and 2013, with four said to have taken place in London and one in Gloucestershire.
The Head of the CPS Special Crime Division Rosemary Ainslie issued a statement.
It read: “The CPS has authorised criminal charges against Kevin Spacey, 62, for four counts of sexual assault against three men.
“He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
“The charges follow a review of the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that criminal proceedings against Mr Spacey are active and that he has the right to a fair trial,” she added.
It comes after the case was passed to the Crown Prosecution Service 13 months ago.
In 2019, the actor was interviewed under caution by the Met where he addressed a number of allegations between 1996 and 2013 which were said to have taken placein London and Gloucester.
He wasn’t arrested at the time.
The Hollywood actor denied all allegations against him and the case was closed.
Spacey was stripped of his International Emmy Award in the wake of the allegations and his House of Cards character Francis Underwood was killed off of the show.
Last year it was revealed that the actor had been ordered to pay $31 million for breaching House of Cards production company Media Rights Capital’s sexual harassment policy.
It comes after he “violated their sexual harassment policy”, according to legal documents made public last year.
MRC ended their professional relationship with the actor back in 2017, following multiple accusations of inappropriate sexual conduct.
As well as killing off Spacey’s character, the production company then filed the confidential arbitration demand in 2019 in an attempt to recoup their losses.
The hearing lasted eight days, in which the arbitrator ruled in favour of MRC.
A petition was then filed by the production company on Monday in a Los Angeles Superior Court, to confirm the arbitration award.
It stated: “With one exception, the arbitrator found the third party witnesses to be credible, and found the allegations against Spacey to be true.
“The award finds that Spacey’s conduct at issue in connection with the testifying crew members was in breach of both the acting and executive producing agreements.”
At the time, Express.co.uk contacted Kevin Spacey’s representatives for comment.
Source: Read Full Article