Prince Louis, 4, lined up for ‘starring role’ in Sandringham Christmas festivities

Prince Louis is set to have a "starring role" in this year's Sandringham Christmas celebrations.

It's tradition for the royal family to spend Christmas at Sandringham and now it looks like the young prince, four, will join his family's public walk to St Mary Magdalene Church on Christmas Day.

Kate Middleton and Prince William's youngest child caught the eyes of the public during the Queen's Platinum Jubilee back in June. Louis' antics – including pulling cheeky faces, covering his ears with his hands and shushing his mother – were certainly rememberable moments from the celebrations.

His parents even wrote in a statement at the time: “We all had an incredible time, especially Louis.”

According to The Mirror, the final decision on whether Prince Louis will walk will be made on Christmas Day but plans are being put in place for him to join his siblings Prince George, nine, and Princess Charlotte, seven, and his parents.

Princess Charlotte and Prince George made their Christmas day debut in 2019. Four years old at the time, the Princess stole hearts when she cheerfully waved and greeted members of the public.

It's been a tough year for the Royals, with the death of Queen Elizabeth and more drama surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan, who recently released their Netflix documentary series.

In the latest episodes, Harry claimed his brother yelled at him and his father said things that weren't true during a meeting with the Queen amid him stepping back from duties.

This year marks King Charles III's first Christmas as King, following his mother Queen Elizabeth's death on Thursday 8 September.

The late Queen died at the age of 96 at Balmoral in Scotland. A statement from Buckingham Palace read: "The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

"The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

Earlier on in the day, they had announced that the Queen's health was concerning to doctors and that she was being monitored.

The statement read: "Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.

"The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral."

The Queen's funeral took place on Monday 19 September at Westminster Abbey. She was then buried alongside her husband Prince Phillip, father King George, father King George VI, mother the Queen mother and sister Princess Margaret.

READ NEXT:

  • Click here for today's top showbiz news

  • Harry and Meghan reveal 2022 Christmas card – and wish for 'peace' after Netflix series

  • Prince Harry 'couldn't admit' it was The Queen who said 'you're out', says experts

  • Harry and Meghan 'want apology' from Royal Family before coronation

  • Eugenie 'will be a comfort' to warring Princes as she 'keeps a foot in each camp'

  • Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter

Source: Read Full Article