Coleen Rooney offers Rebekah Vardy peace deal to end legal battle – 'but only if she admits Insta account was source'

COLEEN Rooney has offered to end her infamous Wagatha Christie court battle with Rebekah Vardy – but only if Vardy admits her Instagram account was the source of a series of leaked stories.

The Sun exclusively revealed the offer of an 11th-hour peace deal would see both making a substantial donation to charity.


The Sun understands the pair are poised for one final round of mediation.

And now the Mail Online has reported Coleen’s team is ready to accept Rebekah, 39, knew nothing about the leaks if she admits her Instagram account was behind them.

The agreement would suggest a member of Vardy's team was behind the leaking of stories to the media without her knowledge.

A source close to Vardy said: "Becky doesn't want to shut the door completely. If they can't come to an agreement, at least she will have tried her best to reach one."

Coleen, 34, wife of England legend Wayne, is keen to prevent the libel case reaching the High Court and is ready to consider a last round of negotiations if Vardy's team are willing to make some concessions.

 



Both WAGs would pay their own costs if they reach an agreement, a move known in legal circles as a “drop hands” settlement.

And they would “agree to disagree” on the central claims made by Coleen, 34, in her Wagatha post.

Mum-of-five Becky, 38, who is wed to Leicester City ace Jamie, 34, has furiously denied leaking fake stories about Coleen to the press.

A preliminary hearing last year found in her favour, with the judge ordering Coleen, wife of ex-England legend Wayne, 34, to pay £22,913 costs.

The Wags are due to slog it out at mediation in the next fortnight in a bid to avoid a five-day libel fight in the summer.

Arrangements are being made for the finely ­balanced negotiations to take place virtually via Zoom.

A date has yet to be set. It will likely be the last chance the pair have to end their 15-month feud.

Despite her peace offer Coleen has made it clear she will not apologise.

Becky’s legal team claim that Coleen’s post accusing her was prepared in advance during her “flawed” investigation and then “rushed” out.

They say: “The post was sensationalist and designed to make the maximum impact.

“It was deliberately posted simultaneously on all of the defendant’s social media platforms in order to create maximum publicity for the defendant’s message.

“It is inferred that the defendant had assistance from third parties in preparing the post and that various drafts were prepared in advance.”

A source close to Coleen previously told The Sun on Sunday: “Coleen has tried to settle this on three previous occasions.

“She’s acutely aware of the ridiculous spectacle this has become at a time when people are dying from Covid.

“As far as she is concerned this has gone too far.

“The legal costs on both sides are well into six figures.”

Source: Read Full Article