Jon Gosselin is 'worried kids will burn through TV fortune after they turn 18' as he 'enrolls them in finance classes'
FORMER reality star Jon Gosselin is worried his kids will burn through their TV fortune, which they are set to inherit when they turn 18 this year, The Sun can exclusively reveal.
Jon, 44, has even enrolled the two kids in has custody – Hannah and Colin, both 17 – into finance classes to help them handle the money they are due to receive on their birthday in May.
Although Jon's looking forward to the other kids having some independence from Kate, 46, with the new money, he is concerned they may not spend it wisely.
Although the exact figure each will be receiving is unknown, the show ran for 11 seasons, so it is believed to be in the thousands.
The kids will receive the money in increments, 25 percent at age 18, 25 percent at 21, and the other half at ages 25 and 30.
A source told The Sun: “Jon has no control over the other kids and is worried whether they will use the money wisely.
“He is hoping they will use the money for schooling but at this point he has no control.He just wants the best for them.
“Jon was so concerned about the kids he has custody of, he had them take finance classes to prepare and luckily they both got As."
Most read in TV
Ronnie O'Sullivan and TV star Laila Rouass split after ten years together
Katie McGlynn leaves Hollyoaks just nine months after joining soap
Inside the blood-drenched REAL Peaky Blinders who make BBC show look tame
Gogglebox star Izzi Warner shares rare pic of boyfriend NEVER seen on show
It comes as Kate was pictured in North Carolina last month, walking her dogs and pumping gas, where she reportedly works as a nurse.
Back in September 2021, the ex TV star had obtained her nursing license after moving to North Carolina with her kids.
She currently lives with four of her kids – Leah, Alexis, Joel, and Aaden- who are all 17, and their family dog.
Her twins Mady and Cara, 21, also reside with their mother when they are home from college.
However a source close to Jon claims that despite ordering her nurse's license, Kate still does not have a job.
Some of her kids have been working at fast food spot Chipotle.
“While Kate has her kids working she still hasn’t found a job," the close source said.
“Jon works two jobs to make ends meet. He works for Amazon and DJs parties.
“Jon chose a life of leaving reality TV and in turn received no money from the show.
“Anything that was residual payments went to child support. He walked away with nothing to be free of Kate.
“Jon and Kate still haven’t spoken in years and have no plans to.”
Jon and Kate starred alongside each other in Jon and Kate Plus Eight for five seasons until their divorce in 2009.
Kate then filmed the show without her ex – renaming it Kate Plus Eight for six seasons.
Bitter custody battle
As previously revealed, Kate Plus 8 was canceled after Jon filed a petition for contempt against Kate on October 18, 2019, claiming she filmed the four minor children in her custody without his consent.
Jon claimed he did not receive information from Kate or TLC that "filming of the minor children was to occur" for the episode.
Kate was allowed to film with the minor children in her custody if she and/or the TLC provided Jon with a "filming schedule including the date, time and location of filming."
In Kate's response to his petition on October 30, 2019, she claimed she "was under the mistaken impression" that the network was "handling all notifications to the father".
She then filed a counterclaim against Jon, accusing him of continuing to "publicly embarrass" her and "tarnish" her reputation.
Kate later blamed him for TLC canceling the series.
Jon has now dropped his lawyers and is representing himself in his ongoing custody war with Kate.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article