Who is Michael Griffiths? Meet the Love Island 2019 star who coupled up with Joanna
MICHAEL Griffiths' head was completely turned from Amber Gill's direction to Joanna Chimonides'.
And now the firefighter has recoupled with the stunning social media influencer. But where does that leave Amber? Here's all about the latest Love Island drama and his life outside the show.
Who is Love Islander Michael Griffiths?
Michael is a 27-year-old male from Liverpool with a job that involves saving lives. Opening up about his career, he said: "I’m a hero! I’m a firefighter, who doesn’t want their own firefighter? Their own local hero."
Describing what he's like as a person, the real-life hero added: "I’m open and energetic, so I’m easy to get along with. The three worst things about me? Again, I’m a straight-talking guy and people don’t always like the truth.
"Even though it’s one of the best things about me, it’s also one of the worst. I’ll just say it how it is. I eat a lot, little and often, people might find that quite annoying. I’m always late!"
Michael also likes to compete in bodybuilding competitions when he isn't busy saving lives.
What has happened to Michael Griffiths so far on Love Island?
- Michael was the third boy to go into the villa and coupled up with Lucie. Unfortunately, after Joe walked in, Lucie ditched him for Joe. By default, he was coupled up with Yewande.
- Despite being coupled up with Yewande, Michael set his sights on Amber before having a chat with her about exploring whether they could work as a couple.
- Although Amber is partner with Anton, she showed an interest in the dishy fireman, however, she never expressed her feelings to him.
- Michael was somewhat gutted when Amber was picked to go on a date with new boy Danny Williams moments after he took his current partner Yewande out.
- On episode eight, Michael finally made his move on Amber and the pair had their first kiss. Is romance finally on the cards for these two?
- In episode nine, new girls Maura and Elma chose to enjoy dates with Michael and Amber gets jealous.
- Michael was angered by the fact that Amber would heckle his date with Maura Higgins, branding the beauty therapist "childish".
- Maura seductively fed Michael some of her dessert which prompted an infuriated Amber to walk past him and Maura to greet Elma instead when it was time for the Islanders' to meet the new girls.
- Maura complained about Michael ignoring her after she got a frosty reception from Amber. The islander was later treated to a spa day with his fellow male cast members.
- Michael picked Amber to couple up with during episode 12's recoupling.
- The couple were completely safe from elimination in episode 14.
- Michael enjoyed his first date with Amber and the couple talked about their future.
- Michael later proved he is a great friend by calling out Danny for his treatment of Yewande.
- The firefighter coupled up with Amber once again in episode 19.
- In episode 20, Michael defended how Danny Williams handled the situation with Yewande and Arabella, despite most of the girls agreeing the model was wrong.
- Michael was surprised by a tweet from the public which claimed he is "whipped" and Amber has the power in their relationship.
- Amber and Michael were voted by the public as one of the top three couples, alongside Tommy and Molly-Mae and Lucie and Anton, who then had to decide which two Islanders to dump from the villa. The couple also got into a spat as tensions rose in the villa.
- As the new girls settled into life in the villa, Michael admitted to Joanna Chimonides that he has reservations about whether his relationship with Amber would work on the outside.
- Michael continued to confide in Joanna about his doubts about Amber and later shared a kiss with the stunner during a game in episode 25.
- The firefighter finally took the plunge with his new love interest and jumped ship from Amber to recouple with Joanna who he described as "beautiful" and someone who would bring "good vibes to the villa."
Who is Michael Griffiths' ex-girlfriend?
While Michael hasn't mentioned his ex by name, he did reveal how they broke up — and it sounds pretty traumatic.
Although he is a loyal boyfriend, he made an exception for this particular ex.
"I think I’ve cheated once but it was more of a revenge cheat," he explained. "I’ve had long-term relationships but I think I’ve had about four or five girlfriends. I’ve been loyal to all of them apart from one."
What is Michael Griffiths' type on paper?
Michael admitted his celebrity crush is up and coming US singer Dani-Leigh.
Explaining what he looks for in a girl, he said: "Somebody I can get along with on an intellectual level and have a conversation with and not be lost in translation. But also have a bit about them, not take themselves too seriously and have a bit of banter. And she’s got to have a nice bum."
When can I watch Love Island on ITV2?
Series five kicked off on Monday, June 3, 2019, at 9pm with a bumper launch show and the first couplings.
You’ll be able to get your fix of the show every night on ITV2 where the main programme, hilariously narrated by Iain Stirling, will give us the lowdown on all the goings-on in the villa – from couples cracking on to singletons getting mugged off.
Saturday night's show differs from the rest of the week, as it is a round-up of all the best bits from the villa that week – and maybe some unseen footage!
If that’s not enough, you can also watch Caroline Flack's spin off show Aftersun on Sunday nights at 10pm after the main show has aired, where she discusses the latest action with celebrity guests, as well as those eliminated from the villa.
Like 2018, the show is likely to last eight weeks meaning the grand final could be around July 29, 2019.
Source: Read Full Article